Baggage of Any sort may not contain items which are:
– Likely to Sabotage the aircraft, property or individuals
– Likely to Be destroyed by ducts
– Unsuitably Packaged
Prohibited by any applicable law, regulation or order of any state from being transported from, to or in its airspace.
Unsuitable for air ducts due to its weight, size, and personality.
Gas boilers, flammable fluids, organic peroxides, hazardous substances, radioactive materials:
– Flammable solids
– Oxidising material
– Infectious substances
– Magnetised materials
– Any other harmful products
– E-bike/hoverboard/segway/self-balancing brakes
Safety Limits and safety regulations prohibit the usage of battery Powered vehicles such as e-bicycles, hoverboards, self-balancing brakes and segways. These are not accepted by the cabin Air Belgium aircraft carrier. These battery powered automobiles can, however, be hauled cargo.
If you are transporting baggage that must go in the hold, it must not include:
– Fragile items
– Valuable items
– Dangerous goods
– Perishable items
– Fine arts pieces
– Cash money
– Personal electronic devices
– Negotiable debts of any kind
– Working documents
– ID, passport or any similar documents
– Explosives and incendiary substances and devices
Spare lithium batteries and power banks
Spare batteries and power banks must be removed from baggage before check-in as they are only allowed in the cabin.
Electronic smoking devices must be carried in your hand baggage. They are not allowed in the hold. Their use is not permitted on board.
For safety reasons it ask its passengers to carry all large Portable Electronic Devices (PED’s) such as a tablet or laptop in the hand baggage as they contain lithium batteries which pose a fire risk. When these devices are carried in the cabin its trained cabin crew is able to supervise all devices and react on the situation.
However, if it becomes necessary to transport your electronic devices in the hold, make sure that:
You device is completely switched off and effectively protected from accidental activation. To ensure the device is never powered on during its transport, any application, alarm or pre-set configuration that may activate it must be disabled or deactivated.
Your device is protected from the risk of accidental damage by applying suitable packaging or casing or by placing it in a ridged bag protected by adequate cushioning.
Your device may not be packed in the same baggage together with flammable material (e.g. perfumes, aerosols, etc.).
Lithium batteries May Create a Fantastic Quantity of heat if Brief Circuited, or may catch fire when damaged, badly constructed or improperly constructed.
And apparatus powered by lithium ion (-ion and alloy ) batteries have been enabled on board rides upon the watt-hour evaluation of the battery along with the setup (i.e. are being used in gear or transported as spare batteries).
Type of Battery
|Airline Approval Required||Configuration||Hand Baggage||
Lithium Ion/Metal = 100Wh
Or = 2g
Lithium Ion/Metal > 100 Wh
Or < = 160 Wh > 2g to < = 8g
Lithium Ion/Metal > 160 Wh
Or > 8g
Transported only via Cargo in accordance with the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations
Batteries over 160 Wh are not approved as carry-on baggage and may simply be carried as cargo.
Electric wheelchair or other battery operated vehicle
Due to safety constraints and regulations, it does not accept battery-powered vehicles (bicycles, hoverboards, Segways) as ordinary sports equipment. Battery powered vehicles could be transported by air freight and handled accordingly.
What items are allowed on the plane?
Find out which products are allowed and which are prohibited in both your checked baggage and your carry-on baggage.
The question is generally straightforward. It is a matter of safety, anything that can cause damage or injury is prohibited. A bladed weapon is prohibited in the cabin but authorized in the hold. A phone can catch fire. Ammunition is not accepted in the cabin, but may be carried in checked baggage with authorization.
Liquids are allowed in the hold but very limited in the cabin (100 ml).
Items allowed in the cabin and in the hold
Inert and non-dangerous objects are authorized both in the cabin and in the hold:
– Textile objects (clothes, towels, handkerchiefs)
– Croquettes (Cookies, non-creamy chocolates, pasta …).
– Books, wooden objects, plastic objects, keys, … A snorkel, a diving / snorkeling mask, small fins, low consumption light bulbs always packed.
– The drones and the remote control (without the batteries which must fit in the cabin).
– Disposable razors and electric razors (without battery), lipsticks, lip balm.
– Medicines necessary for your trip (liquids can exceed 100 ml, you must however prove that you need them and provide a prescription in English or translated).
– Medical oxygen concentrator type products (Airsep Focus, Inogen One, Inova Lavs LifeChoice, Invacare, Oxywell 4000…). The full list of the US administration can be found at this address.
Liquid baby foods (milk)
Liquids and pasty objects are authorized in a container not exceeding 100 ml, itself in a transparent resealable plastic bag of 1 liter maximum (one bag per person). A container of shaving foam of less than 100 ml is thus authorized both in the cabin and in the hold.
Items allowed only in the hold
Dangerous but non-flammable objects are only allowed in the hold:
– Liquids (water, soda).
– Non-disposable razors.
– Sunscreens, moisturizers, shampoos, shaving foam (More than 100 ml)
– Work tools (A screwdriver, a hammer, an adjustable wrench, a drill without battery, a saw …)
– Pointed and sharp objects (blade, penknife, knife, opinel, sword).
– Dummy weapons or not (Slingshot, bullet pistol …)
– Neutralizing and rival objects (Handcuffs, baton, bladed weapons …)
– Avalanche rescue devices (The trigger mechanism must not contain more than 200 mg of explosive).
– Animals (dogs and cats) weighing more than 8 kg and less than 75 kg can be transported in the hold in a specific ventilated box. Here too, your pet must present a chip and a European passport to travel within the EU. There are other specificities for travel outside the EU. You should check with the company and local authorities about the health provisions in force. There are many exceptions and specificities.
Items that are strictly prohibited in airplanes
Flammable and dangerous objects are strictly prohibited on board:
– Refillable lighters, gas bottles, gasoline, paint, lacquer (Flammable materials).
– Fireworks, firecrackers and others (explosive and explosive substances).
– Radioactive objects and dangerous chemicals (tear gas).