The Belgian airline thankfully takes on board distinct sports gear, like bicycles and golf clubs and fishing poles. She suggests that you do that whenever possible as distance on every flight is quite limited. You could even book those on Flight Extras once chair choice is available for your own flight, yet given that accessibility is limited we’d propose calling us sooner.
Please be mindful that in case you bring sports gear which has not been booked, then it might be unable to board it will also be subject to excess baggage costs in the airport.
We advise that you cover your sports gear because of the replacement value and be sure it’s firmly packed with zip pockets padlocked. If you are taking a bike, it advises that you use a bike bag. Handlebars should be turned outwards, pedals removed, tyres deflated along with the bike has to be wrapped in cardboard or plastic.
If you are travelling with TUI, taking diving gear and you reveal your diving certification at check, it will provide you an additional 5kg luggage allowance. If you have got more gear, you can test it to get an excess charge.
Sports equipment can be carried in the baggage compartment. If the total weight of luggage and sports equipment is greater than the authorized weight, an overweight surcharge will be charged at the airport, in accordance with the applicable tariff.
– You must mention the transport of sports equipment when booking. The price for air transport will be added to your price.
– Material which has not been mentioned in advance may be refused during registration. The capacity of the baggage compartment is indeed limited. In addition, additional administrative costs of € 7.50 per journey and per item will in any case be added to the price of transport if the material was not reserved in advance.
– At destination, the transport of sports equipment from the airport to the hotel and vice versa is subject to limitations, depending on the nature of the equipment and the space available in the bus or other transfer vehicle. All additional costs arising from the transport of the sports equipment to the destination are to be paid yourself on site. For some destinations, the price of the transfer is added when booking, for others, you have to pay on site. Its services will inform you when you make your reservation.
– The airline company declines all responsibility in the event of refusal of sports equipment by local authorities. In this case, you will be fully responsible for your transport as well as that of your sports equipment.
– Mopeds, motorcycles, jet-skis, segways and hoverboards are not accepted.
– When checking in, you may be asked to open the bag containing your sports equipment. In the event of a refusal or finding of abuse, you will be taxed at the current rate for overweight normal baggage, and you will not be reimbursed for the supplement paid for the transport of sports equipment.
Do you want to take your bike?
You must book the transport of your bicycle (one per passenger) at the same time as your plane ticket. The price to pay when booking is € 55 per trip and per bike (maximum weight 32 kg, packaging included). Specific rules: the front wheel can be removed and fixed to the frame; the handlebars placed in the direction of the frame; the pedals facing up; deflated tires; protective packaging present. The transport of electric bikes is not allowed.
– Do you want to take your golf bag? You must book the transport of your golf bag (one per passenger) at the same time as your plane ticket. As soon as you bring a bag specially designed for golf equipment (max. 32 kg, 1 per passenger), you must pay a supplement of 40 € per trip per bag, even if the total weight of your luggage is below the maximum allowed, if golf equipment is transported in a suitcase of normal dimensions (max. Length 80 cm, max. Height 60 cm, max. Width 25 cm), it will be considered as part of normal baggage. Any overweight will therefore be billed at the current rate.
– Do you want to take your diving equipment? You must book the transport of your diving equipment (one bag per passenger) at the same time as your plane ticket. As soon as you bring a bag specially designed for diving equipment (max. 20 kg, 1 per passenger), you must pay a supplement of € 30 per trip per bag, even if the total weight of your luggage is below the maximum allowed. If the diving equipment is transported in a suitcase of normal dimensions (max. Length 80 cm, max. Height 60 cm, max. Width 25 cm), it will be considered as part of the normal baggage. Any overweight will therefore be billed at the current rate. Specific rules: cylinders must be empty and under atmospheric pressure; the transport of lead for weight belts is prohibited; diving torches are only allowed in hand luggage, and provided that the torch itself is removed and packed separately; extended battery-operated diving torches cannot be transported: these are considered striking weapons and will be refused by security services at the airport.
– Do you want to take your kite or surf board? You must book the transport of your kite or surfboard (only one per passenger) at the same time as your plane ticket. You must pay an additional 50 € per trip and per board, with a maximum authorized weight of 30 kg (1 board per passenger, maximum 2 boards in a single bag). The length can be a maximum of 3.75 meters. Specific rules: sail, boom and divisible mast to be packed in a compact way.
– Do you want to take a paraglide? You must book the transport of your paraglide (one per passenger) at the same time as your plane ticket. You must pay a supplement of 35 € per journey and per piece, with a maximum authorized weight of 20 kg (1 piece per passenger). The length can be a maximum of 3.75 meters.
– Do you want to bring your ski equipment? You must book ski equipment (only one per passenger) at the same time as your plane ticket. You must pay a supplement of € 30 per journey and per piece, with a maximum authorized weight of 20 kg (1 piece per passenger). Specific rules: protective packaging, ski boots packed separately.
Some items can only be carried in suitcases, not in hand luggage. These include sprays, knives, razor (blades), (nail) scissors, metal nail files and nail clippers. Batteries (for camera and video, telephone, radio, CD player, etc.) must be inserted in the device itself or packed separately in hand luggage. You must carry your lighters with you, so not in your suitcase or in your hand luggage. All these objects can be confiscated by the security services without any recourse.
The transport of certain items may be refused by local authorities for safety reasons and without prior notice. Neither the tour operator nor the airline can be held responsible for this.
They can be transported in the hold on prior request. The owner must be in possession of a license to carry a weapon valid both in his country of origin and in the country of destination. Upon departure, the passenger must mention at check-in that he is carrying a weapon in his checked baggage. The transport of ammunition is strictly prohibited due to European legislation.